Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Blocks, Birthday bears, Temples and Weddings

Here goes an attempt to sum up the weekend...

I went to one of my very favorite people in the worlds house Thursday morning (Ms Rachel Crane, to be precise) and got to catch up on one of my blocks. It was so nice to get another one done! I have missed the quilting night for the last few months due to work or school, so it was a much needed activity. I loved it so much that I may just go buy a sewing machine so I can work on it at home...
Teresa
Vicky and Teresa

I got to visit with Vicky and Jenny and Teresa and Jenn even stopped by...(with some yummy treats), but work was calling. I wish I could have stayed all day!

Friday I had an awesome b-day. Hannah and I spent the morning in Provo to do a little shopping (she picked me out a new church dress). As we walked through the mall she tells me that she wants to take me to Build a bear and make me a bear for my birthday. Since we didn't have anything better to do, I gave in. Hannah made a cute little blue bear and I made myself a pink b-day monkey. It was way fun.
Hannah named her bear 'Kameron' and I named that cute lil' monkey of mine 'Pinkey'

We headed home and cleaned up a bit to go for a tour of the new temple in Draper. We took Mom and Dad and Pat and Angie and the kids met us down there. I also had 4 of my friends meet up with us, so that was fun. I really enjoyed being able to sit in the Celestial room with my family. That is something I have never experienced and it was such an amazing thing. I loved that Hannah was there with me. She used to ask me when I went to the temple where I was going and why...you could tell she just didn't understand it. Now that she has been there and we have talked about it I think it will be easier (as easy as it is for a 6 year old) to understand.

Well, then we were off to dinner! Abby and Eddy and the kids met up with us in Salt Lake and I got to have my Prime Rib dinner...yum. It was an awesome day.

Saturday I spent the day being lazy until I had to help with a wedding. My friend April's step-daughter was getting married and she cashed in some friendship dues and put me on kitchen duty/photography. I had a great time just being there to help out. I actually ended up helping Jessica (the bride) get dressed while everyone else was getting ready. The wedding was so sweet and I got some really cute pictures. It made me a little sad that the groom didn't have any family there (they live in Peru as I understand) so I was glad I could do kitchen duty so the family could all just be together during the reception.

April and Roger
The bride and groom
So that about sums up my eventful b-day weekend. I'm glad to get back into the regular routine again and slow down!

5 comments:

  1. sounds like you had a great birthday! Love the build a bear party, sounds like something I would do for my party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! I'm the first one to make a comment! I'm glad you had such a good b-day. It was good to see you today. I miss ya tons already :( P.S. I'm stealing the pic of the girls after dance class and posting it (I know I should be doing homework-it'll be our secret lol:)

    Cherlelynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for coming over to sew. It was such a good day. I think I will be having another one of those days in Feb, I will holler at you to make sure it will work for you first!
    Your monkey is stinking cute by the way.
    And prime rib, I need to eat something besides tators!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah u were a life savor u are simply amazing thanx so so much

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way, that double chin of mine is really unappealing!
    Another day is coming soon!

    ReplyDelete