Sunday, February 1, 2009

Ice Fishing and a cabin trip

We were invited by the Bednars (a.k.a. Cherle and Rob and family) to go to the cabin and do a little ice fishing this weekend.
Here we are getting loaded up for our hike into the cabin.

Hannah and Susan hamming it up for the camera.

Cherle and I taking a little photo op for ourselves


It was only about a block long walk to get into the cabin, but as you can tell, there was a whole lot of snow and no trail. I have a new appreciation for the pioneers after my walk into the cabin!


Hannah and Susan played a game of war while Cherle and I got lunch ready.


Hannah was obviously exhausted from all of the fun and passed out on the way to fish.
Rob took the kids out on the lake for a bit to fish while Cherle and I stayed nice and warm in the van with the baby. We got a chance to sit and do some reading in between all the much needed girl talk.
I can't wait to do it again, but really want to wait until all or most of the snow is gone!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah you were such an AWESOME pioneer! Thanks for blazing the trail for me. I totally had such a great time! Can't wait till Rob gets the cabin all together so we can have a girls weekend this summer. Rob's going to be “the man” and get everything ready for a girls weekend this summer. That's an open invite to all you girls out there :)

    I have to add that Hannah was so cute. When we asked the girls if they liked iced fishing; Hannah surprisingly said, "Yes"... Sarah- "Really, you liked it?" Hannah-"Yeah I want to do it again. I love ice fishing. Next time, though, I want to go when it's warm and there's no ice/snow." Isn't she too cute! She was a lot more p/c than Susan's, "I didn't like it! It was too cold." lol. We really had so much fun! Thanks for all the girl talk Sarah I've missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a super great time!
    I grew up ice fishing and we used to go alot when Kelsey was little but since Kendal joined us I hate to say we have not been. We need to get out of the house and go ice fishing!
    I will let you tell Matt that we need to go.

    ReplyDelete