Thursday, January 22, 2009

What I want for my birthday...

People keep asking me what I want for my birthday. I'm starting to get frustrated with the question. I appreciate the thought…but, honestly, I haven’t thought much about it until today when my dad asked me that question. (Apparently Hannah is in a panic because she hasn’t bought me anything yet, and wants him to take her shopping.) It’s not like being young and dreaming daily of that one thing that will make the day absolutely perfect. So what do I want…? Well, after much reflection I have come up with a top 10*

1. I want to learn algebra. I mean really learn and understand so that I don’t have a full blown panic attack every Monday and Wednesday at 5:30 when I show up to class. Isn’t there some magic pill that you could take that instantly makes you good at something? That is what I want.
2. I want to read the book “He’s just not that into you” by Greg Behrendt. If you have noticed my track record lately, it is obvious that I really need to read that book. And see the movie. And pay attention. And apply what the dude says so I won’t keep getting myself into such …yeah, enough info there…
3. I want to have a whole day to myself just to read that book.
4. I want to be in better shape.
5. I want to be one of those moms that people say “Man, I wish I could be more like her..”
6. I want a new phone. One of those awesome blackberry touch phones…(don’t know how to use one, but I really want one!)
7. I want to be more photogenic and not always hiding from the camera.
8. I want to dance. I want to not be so self conscious and scared of what people think that I actually could go out and learn. And I want to be good at it.
9. I want a new car. That’s paid for. One that has lots of power and gets good gas mileage and smells brand new. And it has to be blue.
10. I want my birthday to be a wonderful day with only positive things, surrounded by those I love and that love me right back.

So, there you go. Not your generic b-day wish list, but all I can come up with for now.

*This list may change at any time!

6 comments:

  1. Well for what it is worth I hope you have a super Happy Birthday! Regardless. I could help you with #1 if you wanted to come to my house and do your homework so you stay caught up and with it. You and Tiffany could come after the kids are in bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn, you are super sweet, and we may have to take you up on that offer if I don't start doing better...PS...how'd the table runner go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a super Birthday Sarah!

    You made a great list, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. don't you love when you get comments. i love reading your blog and am inspired to do better. By the way, happy birthday, hope it's fantastic! Give Hannah our love, we miss you both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that book. And I'm excited for the movie...

    ReplyDelete
  6. K so you so have at least checked off #5 'cause I really do want to be more like you. I know it's hard for you to believe that you're so incredible but you really are! I love you tons and #5 Check, Check!

    ReplyDelete