Saturday, February 28, 2009

Another Tag From Cherle

I swore I wouldn't do this post...I figured if you didn't know the story by now, then well, you don't need to. But I will play along and be nice.. :) In all honesty, I am only doing this to avoid studying for midterms.

First Born Tag

1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Nope. I was single and living the high life and, BAM! Reality hit.

2. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? I cried for two days. Called in sick to work. Yeah, it was a tough thing.

3. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 24

4. WHERE DID YOU LIVE? Salt Lake

5. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? I had been getting really sick in the mornings...not throwing up, but feeling like I was going to. Someone jokingly said to me "Are you pregnant?" That got the wheels turning... After a trip to the nearest K-mart for a test, (and a can of spaghetti-o's, I know, that sounds disgusting, but they sounded good at the time) I went back home to do the test. Let's just say I didn't eat my spaghetti-o's.

6. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Hannah's Dad...then my best friend.

7. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Yes

8. DUE DATE? It changed a couple of times, but the last one they gave me was July 29, 2002.

9. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Yes. For about 4 months.

10. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? I didn't really crave anything. I did eat ice cream every night for a month.

11. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? People asking me "what I was going to do about being single and pregnant." Idiots.

12. WHAT WAS YOUR CHILD'S SEX? Girl

13. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? No

14. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 12

15. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes. Just a little one.

16. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew.

17. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? Not until the delivery.

18. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Utah Valley

19. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? about 4

2o. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? My mom

21. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? My friend Kellie was there for the c-section

22. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Emergency C-section. She was breech and I had a partial placental abruption, so I had no choice.

23. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? I had an epidural, plus some drugs they had given prior to stop the labor and make me happy. It was good.

24. DID YOU YELL AT YOUR HUSBAND? I guess if I had one that may be a different story... but I didn't have one to yell at. Besides, I as unconscious for 3 days lol. They were REALLY good drugs.

25. Who does your child look like? Everyone says me, but I don't know. She has her dads eyes and height, but my personality lol

26. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 4lbs 11oz, 16 inches

27. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? July 3, 2002

28. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Hannah Jo Duke

29. WHY DID YOU DECIDE TO NAME HIM/HER WHAT YOU DID? I saw this cute little girl named Hannah at a school play...just couldn't get it off my mind. The Jo was to rebel against my family tradition of no middle names for girls. I'm such a rebel.

30. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? 6 1/2



**Now for the fun to spread (Tag 5 people)- I tag: anyone who wants to do it...Have fun with that trip down memory lane!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah thank-you for playing along! I'm glad to go down memory lane with you. I wish I would have known you better back then so we I could've been there for you. I know how the "surprise" is and I'm amazed everyday at what an incredible mother you are! I always forget how small little Hannah was. I still can't believe they let her come home so soon. You went through so much after she was born. You are such a strong lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah I love it! It is always fun to learn more about you, and well your 3 day drug habits!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete