Saturday, February 7, 2009

Busy Friday...

Yesterday was just one of those crazy days... Hannah had a dental appointment early in Salt Lake (our dentist moved and I wasn't about to find a new one...) so we had to leave the house around 7 am. Of course, I was grumpy from working late and Hannah was grumpy for getting woke up early...we were a match made in heaven!

The dentist is concerned with Hannah having no room in her little mouth for new teeth to come in, and wants us to consult with an orthodontist and have teeth pulled! She freaked out. She wouldn't even let him touch her loose tooth, the one that has been loose for two months...yes, you read that right, two months. So off we head into the slush to get her to school.
This is when she reminds me that she hasn't had breakfast, so we swing into McD's for a sandwich and she begs me for hot chocolate. I give in and we head for home. About half way up Parley's she informs me that "this hot chocolate tastes gross" so I have her hand it over so I can drink it. I take one sip and realize they have given my 6 year old one of their fancy little whipped-cream-topped mocha drinks! Holy crap! My daughter had coffee for breakfast!
So, mother-of-the-year here drops her off at school so they can deal with her caffeine O.D.

I picked up Grandma and headed back to Park City to meet up with Aunt Dana. We headed back to Salt Lake to meet up with Pat and Ang and have lunch with Ahn. It was super fun, and I was so glad to finally meet Clint's adorable girlfriend!

So now back to Heber to get Hannah from school. We do some things around the house and then I drive back to Salt Lake to drop Hannah off to her dad for the weekend. My plans for the night had fallen through, so Geri and Becky and I decided on a girls night...We saw "He's just not that into you." Sorry to say it, but I was a bit disappointed. But the popcorn...now that was worth it.
I hadn't realized that every freaking exit in Salt Lake is shut down for construction...so I had to make several detours to get on a road that I felt I could navigate. Every idiotic driver in Salt Lake County met me on the freeway...I had a little moment of road rage...We'll leave it at that.

So there it is, crazy day for me. All I can say is that I was exhausted when I got home!
Glad to be back in good 'ole Heber.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, Sarah, Sarah. What am I going to do with you? I hope that Mrs. Mecham doesn't read your blog-lol. You were sooo busy. I'm sorry I missed the movie but you wouldn't have wanted me there (I promise). I'm all better now so we'll need to do a girls day soon.

    ReplyDelete