Sunday, October 5, 2008

What the heck???

If any of you know me very well, you know that I have a severe phobia...spiders. I am talking phobia. ( pho•bi•a [foh-bee-uh] –noun a persistent, irrational fear of a specific object, activity, or situation that leads to a compelling desire to avoid it.)

I have been trying to deal with it for some time, heck; I have even pushed myself to the point of squishing the really tiny ones without calling for help. (That is, if Hannah isn't around and willing to do the deed.)

So here is the story...I am at work at the old Holiday Inn and two of the housekeepers, Isela and Paula, bring this bottle and set it on my desk. It's a half empty (half full, either way) bottle of Mike's hard lemonade. She says "Sarah, look at this." And I am thinking, what, it's just a bottle of alcohol, no biggie...then she takes her hand off the bottle and inside is the biggest fricking spider I have ever seen in my life!!! Needless to say, I freaked out. So I back up against the wall and start to feel woozy and Matt, the GM of the hotel, starts to laugh at me. I explained to him about my little "phobia" and he finished laughing at me. Then they all go into this huge debate on whether the damned thing is real.

IT IS STILL SITTING ON MY DESK.

To keep this post short and to keep me from having to take a Xanax, let’s finish this up now. Apparently I must have started to look ill. Matt tells them to get it out of there before I pass out...good call. So they decide to go out and dump it in the parking lot so they can squish it and see if it was real or not. (That is how the debate was settled.) So to try to do some self-therapy to deal with this irrational fear… I followed them to the parking lot and I took pictures. From a distance. Thank heavens for zoom. I had to do it. It was therapeutic. Besides, who was going to believe this?





This is Isela...looks like she is really enjoying herself, huh?

IT IS A FREAKING BLACK WIDOW! I WASN'T GETTING ANY CLOSER, JUST NOTE THE RED HOURGLASS ON THE DAMNN THING!

The question of the day is this....how in the hell did the dude in 326 get the spider in the bottle? And why would you want to do that anyway? Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Ang and I got to kill one of our own while we were cleaning out the garage on Satruday. The thing that freaked me out was that I had moved the pile of crap this mother bear was hiding in. I was just about ready to pick the pile up to throw it away, when Angie says, "are those legs?" We get looking closer and it was a huge mama black widow hiding up in a handle (right where I was gonna grab). We knocked it off with a broom, threw a box on top of it and hit the box with the broom because we didn't dare step on it. Had spider thoughts all night.

    Talked to Heather...she wants to do a dinner on Nov 26th [her birthday]rather than the Friday get together at Abby's. This works better for us...wadda ya think?

    ReplyDelete