Monday, October 20, 2008

Fall break

Well, as I promised here is the update on the mini-vacation to Montana.

~disclaimer~ The diet went to crap. Deal with it.

Dad decided to go with us to Heathers so we waited for him to get home from work. We loaded up the car and we were off! My dear friend Cheryl loaned us her DVD player for the car (thank you a million times!) so Hannah was pretty quiet the whole drive. She did make one screaming announcement to Grandpa "I have to pee!" We were in the middle of nowhere and it was dark out so she got to go on the side of the road. What a way to start off the trip!

We arrived late (about 1:30 am) and crawled into bed. Heather lives about 2 blocks from the railroad tracks. Lets just say we didn't sleep well. The dang train blew it's whistle all night long and I swear the bed was shaking. Not to mention the police sirens. What the heck was going on on a Wednesday night? Anyway, we didn't sleep so well.

The next morning Heather and I did some sisterly bonding...a.k.a. shopping. She helped me pick out a really cute pair of boots and a sweater, so I guess we did ok. She took me to the local convenience store for a homemade cherry coke and to make fun of the local creep working the register. Good times. We figured the kids were hungry so we headed home and took them out to lunch. I guess TJ and Tori like to take everyone to this little Chinese place when they come and visit. It was actually really good (the crab puffs were yummy!)

Somehow we talked dad into a haircut and a color...yes a color. I have the pictures but silly me never got an after to compare to the before...I will work on that. After that, Heather and I took the kids to see Beverly Hills Chihuahua. The kids totally loved it. I could have lived without seeing it, but Hannah had wanted to take the kids ever since the show came out. I caved. What can I say, we were on vacation!

We spent Friday morning at the museum. I wanted to visit the capital, but since it is an even numbered year they only do tours on Saturday. Dang politicians. The kids weren't that impressed with the choice but I think that dad kind-of liked it. TJ loved the room upstairs with all the old army and war stuff. (Apparently he wants to join the army when he grows up) They had a really fun quilt display so I took some pictures of some cute quilts for my quilting buddies. I just wanted to let them know I was thinking of them. :) We took the kids to this really cute park (castle park?) and then to ride the carousel. Sorry for the crappy pictures.







Friday night Heather, Jared and I hit the town...You'll have to ask Jared about it cause I'm keeping my lips sealed. Let’s just say he was a hoot.

We had "girls day" on Saturday while the guys all went antelope hunting. We were getting ready to go out and decided that manicures or pedicures would be really fun with the girls. I am in the bathroom combing what is left of my hair when Heather starts to scream...I run to the kitchen and we have a friend outside the kitchen door eating her tree. The girls thought it was awesome and wanted to pet him. I couldn't believe how tame he seemed.




That must've been some good leaves. Heather chased him off cause she was worried about the landlord's trees. Sissy. Just kidding. I made sure to get pictures cause I was sure Jared and dad wouldn't believe it.

Back to girls day...we went to this cute little place called Shellie's cafe for lunch and had the best sandwich. It was called a Montana Steak Sandwich...yummy. It was kind-of like a philly steak...sliced meat, melted swiss, mushrooms and onions...yum. Just thinking about it makes me want one! We went and did a walk through on a house that Heather saw in paper...it was so cute! I really hope that they buy it! Then we visited one of her friends that has a new baby (so cute, I wanted one for like a half of a second) and then went and had ice cream.



We made it home just as the guys did. Everyone was worn out and tired so we ordered pizza and watched a movie.

A little funny thing that happened while we were chilling...Hannah comes down and crawls on me and says Tori won't play with her. Then we hear Tori up in her room fake crying. Heather calls her down to get the scoop. Tori tells Heather that Hannah hates her! Hannah starts to sob and swears she didn't say it...So Heather asks her again. "Tori did Hannah say she hates you?" "No, but she thought it!" (still sobbing) We all break down laughing. Oh the things kids will say.

Regardless, we had a great time...If you take out the part about the noisy trains and the sleeping on a couch it was awesome. It was a long drive and I didn't get a dang thing accomplished except and cute outfit I probably will never wear...but I am so glad we went. We made some fun memories and I can't wait to go again...Next time I am staying at the Holiday Inn as far away from the train as possible...and I'm taking my ear plugs!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you both had a fun fall break! We were all sick for it, so it's great to hear that someone had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a fun trip! I miss seeing heather around, so tell her HELLO! for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you cut your hair again? it is so stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete