Monday, October 13, 2008

Octobrrrrrrr.....

Holy crap it's cold. I never thought winter would get here and here it is. Time sure flies when you are having fun... :)
So here is a little update for those of you I haven't spoken to in a while. First of all school is going great...well, I guess that maybe I should say it's going better. I am finally starting to catch on in my math class (I have an amazing teacher) so my hardest subject is now not so hard. Had my mid-term for Psych...aced it (thank you!), and English is going well. I had to give an oral presentation a few weeks ago and thought I was going to die, but other than that, it's great! Physiology...ugh. I am struggling. I just can't seem to read a chapter and know what the heck is going on. I need pictures. A video. Maybe a cute little song to sing to help me memorize the vocabulary. I am too visual of a learner to just read a 50 page chapter on the nervous system and go "Dang, I get it!"
Needless to say, I've had to shift gears a bit to keep it afloat. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers, heaven only knows how badly I need them right now!

Tomorrow we get to celebrate Hannah's "unbirthday" at school. The original plan was for Wednesday but I got a sticky note from Mrs Mecham today asking me to change to tomorrow. Shifting gears again. (Apparently Mrs Mecham doesn't know about my English midterm.) So Hannah has decided she wants to do root beer floats for her class tomorrow. Easy enough, right? I'll let you know how that goes.

Dating. (Insert four letter word here)
What can I say? It sucks. Not that I am not having fun, cause I am. I am meeting tons of people and having a great time...I am just a little tired of the games. I am sick of guys looking for a rebound girl or just a good time. I know all of you married gals are thinking right now...geeze, glad I'm out of that stage of my life...and all I can say is I envy you. BUT...on a good note...I did go out Friday night with a really neat guy. He is 6'3" (I like 'em tall, and the last 4 or 5 guys I've been out with have been short...I mean SHORT), cute, and a total blast. We went out to dinner and then to Thanksgiving Point to the haunted corn maze. It was freezing cold...but I had a great time.

Last but not least, vacation. Hannah and I both have a few days off for UEA/Fall break and we have decided to head up to Montana and hang out with Heather and her family. Hannah has been counting down the days...2 to go. I will take pictures and let everyone know how the trip goes.

3 comments:

  1. hello there,
    I haven't talked to you in forever!
    so, i guess you have gone back to school, that's great. Are you doing the nursing thing or something totally different? We need to keep in touch. I to have a blog so you can check it out. eliandsamrhoades@blogspot.com I hope all is well, I bet Hannah has grown up a ton. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Sarah!
    I miss you lots. I think about you from time to time. Wondering how your doing? I glad you and daughter are going Montana on vaction! Have a blast together! Also I'm glad you emailed me a blog address! I have a blog as well!

    heatherfrost1206.blogspot.com

    We need to hang out u know?

    I wonder how Kim and Whitney are doing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah,
    Glad you've updated and are enjoying your classes. Too bad about the dating. Hopefully the BFG(big friendly giant) works out.

    ReplyDelete