Thursday, April 23, 2009

Cheating.

To make a long story short, I guess I just say that I went on a diet (again). I did great for a week, no sugar, no bread, no carbs....then BAM!, out of the blue I had the worst craving ever! Anyone who knows me knows that I would rather eat something salty than sweet, so when this mad craving set in for a doughnut I about died! I don't even like doughnuts when I am not on a diet! Anyway, I fought with it all day...drove to Provo and the only thought on my mind was where the nearest gas station was so I could cheat!!! Well, after discussing it with my dad, I decided to go for it. What was the worst thing that could happen? I could gain back the 6 pounds I lost or have a heart attack from the sugar. That's about the worst of it.
So Hannah and I drove to the convenience store to buy our doughnut after school. As I am driving home (eating my doughnut cause I can't wait until I get out of the car) Hannah says to me,
"Mom, are you cheating?" I told her yes and that I was enjoying it! Well, she looks at me in this very thoughtful way and says, "I learned about that at church. You have been doing so good, staying on the path and keeping straight (as she moves her hand through the air in a steady motion...) then, you run into a little ditch. But that is okay, because that is why you get baptized, because then a bridge is built over it and it is like it never even happened!"
From the mouths of babes...
Well, I smiled and thought of my dear daughter, she is so sweet. (She also thinks her mom is skinny, shhhh!) And you know, I don't feel so guilty about cheating. And ya know what else? I only gained 4 ounces with that big cheat (I failed to mention the spaghetti and garlic bread for dinner). But today I am back on track. And I am feeling even better about what I am doing because I know that I am in control here.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, my sister in laws diet that has worked for her is that you diet all week and take Sats. off. I too feel that if I give in a little bit once and awhile you'll do better the next day. I NEED MY CHOCOLATE:)

    ~Amanda J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey sarah,
    how's it going that is great about your diet! have you ever heard of a diet called the hcg diet? it is pretty awesome you lose between 1/2 lb a day and 2 lbs a day sometimes 3. it is a very strict diet but ive lost 16 lbs in 14 days. it is cool. it really keeps you motivated. keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah is so stinking sweet! That is the cutest thing I have heard in a long time, and good for you for listening to her! We can all jump back on the road after taking a little trip to the ditch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love little Hannah! Don't have her come over here anytime soon 'cause I'm always cheating on my diet. Oh well at least it tastes good right!

    ReplyDelete