Thursday, March 12, 2009

Wow.

That's about all I can say about this week. Wow. Midterms have never been my favorite thing in the world, and I'm sure I've voiced many complaints on this topic. I am just glad that they are over.
School is still stressing me out. I feel like a big failure in the mothering department, and my job is so dead end that it makes me roll my eyes. Now don't get me wrong, I am lucky to have a job with some great people and it is very flexible... I am just needing to vent and complain a bit.
Last week I had a pretty big meltdown over it. I realized that due to my lovely work and school schedules, and the fact that I can't let Hannah stay up and wait for me to get home at midnight, that last week we spent a total of 6 hours together. And that wasn't quality time, either. It was a lot of "Get up, we are going to be late!" and a little of "Yes, you ARE taking a bath before you go to bed!" I think I was pretty mean this week. Anyway, I have come to the conclusion that something has got to change. I contemplated just dropping out, but then reality smacked me in the face and reminded me that I am halfway to my degree and I would be a complete idiot to stop now. Even worse, I am planning on changing schools this next fall, and I am a little unsure about where we need to go. Salt Lake has crossed my mind, I even considered Minnesota for a brief moment... Like I said, this week has been something else.
Well, to make a long story short, I need to be a little bit nicer to my daughter. When I come home at the end of the day, I need to leave all the craziness back at school or at work. I just have to learn to relax! I need to work on that thing called "quality time." Hannah is going to be home this Friday night, so I think we are going to have to plan ourselves a fun date. If you have any ideas as to what I can do to make up for being such a beast, let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah,

    You are such an awesome mom and friend but I know how it is to feel so overwhelmed and like your not spending enough quality time with your daughter. One cheap/fun idea Susan always loves is mani/pedi's at Evans (it's cheap and takes a long time since they're learning). Sometimes we splurg and get the Evan's special complete with facials (they use lotion for the kiddies) and a scalp treatment & hairdo. WAY FUN!!!! WAY CHEAP!!! You can always follow that with a dollar movie if you want an extra activity and are in Orem anyways. I hope you have a better week and I'm glad for you that your mid-terms are over. I'll actually get to see you some next month when my semester is over--yea!!! The moral of the story....don't beat yourself up to bad you are doing an incredible job and you're a great mom. School doeesn't last forever and Hannah will only remember the fun times (I promise)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah probably doesn't look at it the way you do. Things are much better than you think or realize! All is well, promise.
    I don't really have any good ideas, but ice cream sure seems to go a long way with cute girls. Have a good time, whatever you decide to do!

    ReplyDelete