Thursday, May 14, 2009

Happy Belated Mothers Day!


Sorry I am such a stick in the mud and didn't wish you all a happy Mothers Day before now! I guess it is better late than never, right?
Well, I awoke on Sunday to a cute little girl standing at the foot of my bed with a tray of breakfast. She had two grapefruits, a green apple, and two spoons. She told me happy Mothers day and then crawled in bed with me and we ate breakfast. I'd have taken a picture, but I know what I look like at 7 am...and there was no way I was getting out of bed to get the camera. She handed me an unwrapped shoe box (Duke tradition to not wrap presents...at least it wasn't still in the plastic sack from the store....) with a new church dress in it. Well, we ate breakfast and then got ready for church. P.S. The dress fit, but I think I could exchange it for something a little more my taste and not that of a 6 year old...
We got a yummy treat from the ward (chocolate dipped pretzels) and Hannah leaned over and said "Mom, we are going to cheat today, right?" I said "You BET!" She is so cute to be so mindful of this crazy diet fad I am going through...Well, off to Sunday school, and thank you to the AMAZING Amanda Jones for the brownies! Made the day even better! If you are going to cheat then do it right! :) As soon as we got home we took a gift to Grandma Boren and then went and visited one of my adopted moms, Dottie. Hannah played with the dogs and we had a very nice visit.

We got home and planted flowers in the flower bed... that was my gift to mom.
Last but not least, we met up with Pat and his family to take Mom out to dinner. I wasn't going to cook and I was cheating...haha. I guess you know the rest.

Hannah and I ended the day under a blanket on the chair watching TV.

Kind of a busy day? No, it was a great day.

2 comments:

  1. What a great day. I just love Hannah. I said to Rob the other day that I was going to have a diet cheating day and Susan said, "Just like Sarah." I asked her what she meant. She informed me that Hannah had told her at breakfast that you had cheated too. I asked her if that's what the two of them discuss is us and our diet woes. Apparently it is 'cause Susan said, "yea that and other things" --lol. Too cute! I love them both so much. What a wonderful mother's day you had! P.S. Next time I want to see an am pic (if I put one on my blog you can too--:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah is so sweet, what a cute cute girl!

    As for the brownies - I know I should go to Jones' class! Bro Wright's voice and baby Emmitt don't get along! Hee hee hee. Maybe next week, but then I hear ALOT of laughter from that class, that might not be the best sleeping Emmitt sound either!

    ReplyDelete