Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy 2014!!!

I suck at keeping resolutions. Apparently, I am not alone. I've heard that in order to stick to your goals you need to make them public and that way you are held accountable when you don't follow through. I don't really expect anyone to read this or to beat me down when I mess up, but I am going to use this blog as my tool to remind me of what I do accomplish. So here it is... the things I am going to work on this year.

1. A friend of mine has a challenge: The 365 days of uncluttering your life. Every day get rid of something that doesn't make you happy. Yesterday, I deleted numbers from my phone. Today, I get rid of a monster TV that is taking up space. This one should be an easy one for me. Not only will it help me focus on and make more room for the things that really are important, but will make moving again that much easier.

2. Weekly "Hannah time"'. The last two years of nursing school taught me a few things, I won't go into detail, but the one thing I will do better this year is to have more time with my daughter. Once a week we will spend quality time together. I will let her pick the activity, whether it's playing a game at home, watching a movie, painting our nails together, or even a dinner for two on the town. For Christmas this year we were lucky enough to receive both Lagoon season passes and the Pass of all Passes. At least some of our activities have been prepaid, right? I have realized that as she grows into a young woman she needs to know I am here and available, and honestly, I don't think once a week is enough, but it's a place to start. I think this one will be the most fun!

3. Increase my spirituality. Due to my work schedule I don't make it to church every week. Sometimes it's weeks at a time. I admit that I suck at the other stuff too... I won't get into details. :) All I can say is that I will work on this, too.

Anyway, there are about a million things I need to work on, but I am going to let those things just sort themselves out as I get better at sticking to things :) Oh yeah, and the blogging thing! Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment