Monday, February 24, 2014

Good Morning!

Part of me wants to use this space to complain about the crappy things that have happened over the past two weeks. Another part of me knows that the best way to deal with the crap has nothing to do with what I write in my blog. Knowing that the second half is the better to listen to, I will choose to talk about something that makes me smile. 

Morning text messages. 

As you know, I am dating a super amazing guy. The only thing I would change about our situation is how far away we live from each other. I've never been good at the whole long distance thing, and with his 3 kids and my daughter, our "free time" to get together hasn't been quite ideal. Anyway, we do our best to be good parents and still find time to see each other. It's been over a week since I've seen him. We talk on the phone every day, we send text messages to each other, and although we don't see each other a lot, we communicate well with each other and it works. 

Every morning he texts me when he wakes up. It is something that means the world to me. That simple "good morning" says so much more. It says,  "I think of you when I wake up". And that makes me smile. Well, today was something different! We didn't get together last weekend. Both of us had our kids and a few too many obligations. We talked about getting together this weekend and remembered that again, our schedules have been overbooked. Getting together was looking like it wasn't going to happen. I was bummed, but hey, being bummed out isn't going to fix anything, right?

Well, this morning he made my day with this early morning text:
"Good morning sweetie! I've got to help one of the guys move this Saturday, so you and I should try to plan something this week because I can't go another week without seeing you."

My thoughts exactly!!! I mean, what is better than a Saturday night date? Um, Wednesday night date!! :)

It's things like this that remind me just how lucky I am to be loved by such an amazing man. 


No comments:

Post a Comment