Thursday, December 5, 2013

Grandma

I don't remember ever dreaming about my Grandma when she was alive. Weird, I know. But I realized that the other day. Grandma left us in February, and ever since then it seems she visits me in my dreams on a regular basis. I dream of her in her home, usually surrounded by family, because that is what happened at Grandmas house. Her home was the place that family gathered, where meals were shared, and most of my childhood memories were made. We laughed, we cried, we fought. Her house was the first place we visited on holidays, she was the first phone call when good news happened. She always got the first pick on school pictures. Sometimes I pick up my phone and think about calling her and telling her when something good happens, but then I remember she isn't there. Every year I would go to her house around this time of year and put her Christmas tree up for her. I miss her. I miss our traditions. I miss our talks. I wish when she visited me in my dreams that she would talk to me. I want her to tell me she misses me, too. I want her to tell my how happy she is to be reunited with Grandpa and her son. I want her to tell me how proud she is of me for finishing nursing school. I want to tell her about Hannah and how much she has grown in the last year. I want to tell her about the amazing man I am dating and introduce them so that she will tell me that she approves. I hope that the next time she visits me that she has something to say. But then again, just to see her again, smiling and happy, is good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment