Saturday, May 5, 2012

My daughter; the gymnast.

Hannah competed in her very first gymnastics meet today. It was such an interesting experience...one I am still internalizing. She tried her best... She was so scared to get out there and perform, I could see it in her face and in her movements... she was afraid. She messed up a few times and I could see her struggle. As a mom it's hard. I just clapped and cheered and smiled because I know she was watching to see my reaction. Well, when it was over and the medals were handed out, she and 4 other girls were the only girls there to not place or get a medal. I could feel her poor heart breaking from the crowd. I'm her mom, so I felt it, too. But she just looked at me and smiled. She came out and hugged grandma and grandpa and the rest of the family. You could tell she was disappointed but she was the only one out of the girls that didn't place that wasn't crying. I was pretty proud of my brave little girl. Then she walked over to one of the girls who was crying and told her, "You know what? I didn't get one either, but next time we will." Such a good sport! Today I just want to say how thankful I am to be the mother of such an amazing person. Her spirit is so strong and I sometimes wonder how I could be so lucky to be the one who gets to watch this beautiful soul grow into a woman. I have never been more proud of my little girl. Love you, Hannah.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Hannah you are so awesome! We love you and you are amazing--I even heard it directly from one of your old teachers how great you are! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete