Thursday, May 20, 2010

May 20, 2010

Nothing really special about today. It IS payday, which I am very thankful for, but other than that, the 20th of May has always just been another day for me.
I think that is going to change. At 3:30 I am picking up my "baby" girl, and we are headed out to find a baptism dress for her. This is a bitter-sweet day for me. I cannot believe my little girl is turning eight, but at the same time, I cherish every moment we have shared together along this journey.
Last night we took out her blessing gown. She was amazed at how small she was. She took out the booties and held them to her feet and giggled. I tried not to cry.
Well, I will end this emotional journey for now, but rest assured, there is much more to come.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I can't believe Hannah is getting baptised--of course I can't believe it's almost been a year since Susan turned 8. It's amazing how fast our "babies" are growing up. You'll have to post pics so I can see them--and call me soon!

    ReplyDelete